Here at www.protechguy.com we know that computers can be complicated. We also know that pushing one wrong button may mess up a system or lose an important file. Whether your computer is a home computer or one for a small business, those kinds of things can ruin your day. At the same time, computers are standard tools in today’s world. They need upgrades from time to time. Right now the Windows operating system is still offering a free upgrade for Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8. The deadline for this offer is fast approaching. People who have not upgraded should seriously consider doing it soon. Why? For these reasons:
- It’s free! Until the end of July 2016, the Windows 10 license upgrade will be free.* After that, it will cost $119 for the Windows operating system.
- Many people have already upgraded and they’re generally reporting satisfaction. This isn’t like Windows 8, which many people disliked. In fact, it fixes several issues that Windows 8 brought into our lives.
- Windows 10 could be described as a better version of the old Windows 7. Windows 10 eliminates the full screen start menu and the clutter of 8.
- You want compatibility when downloading new apps, games, and so on. Windows 10 will eventually be an across the board change for everyone who uses PCs.
- Windows 10 looks as if it is here to stay. New computers will have it. Might as well get it now and get used to it.
- Every upgrade has changes that take time to get used to. Once you become accustomed to those, that sense of discomfort fades away. While that wasn’t the case with Windows 8 so much, Windows 10 is a better working system.
- Windows 10 will provide improved security against malware.
How do I do the upgrade?
Here’s the beautiful part: you don’t have to do this alone! We can manage this for you. Just contact us at www.protechguy.com in one of these ways:
- Email us at [email protected]
- Call us at (508) 364-8189 to schedule a free computer pick up or drop off
What will happen to my computer?
The Windows system will undergo an upgrade, kind of a larger version of an update. Your files, pictures, etc., will be right where you left them.
How will my computer be different after I upgrade to Windows 10?
Windows 10 returns to some of the system details that Win 7 had. So while it will be the newest upgrade, it may also feel familiar to you, as well.
Whenever Windows upgrades, there probably will be some people who really dislike it. For most of us, however, it’s more a matter of adjusting to the new layout. Give yourself some time. Windows 10 is a good thing to get used to, and it will be commonplace soon.
Windows 10 is being offered for free upgrade for a few months more. After July 29, 2016, it will be available for full price which will be $119 for the home edition and more for professional editions. The time to decide whether or not you want to upgrade to Windows 10 is now. Remember, Pro Tech Guy can help. We can assure the upgrade goes smoothly and that your computer gets properly updated without any data loss.
*The Windows 10 license is free until July 29, 2016; however, this does not cover labor and back ups.